How to find a court order? Is the document search system complicated?

An order is a judicial act to collect a debt. It is issued by a magistrate at the request of the creditor (claimant). This action takes place in a simplified manner and without a trial. That is, no debate between the parties with wringing of hands in the courtroom. With the received order, the debtor can immediately contact the bailiffs to demand compensation for the debt.

The bailiff has the right to initiate enforcement, seizure, and sale of assets. For the defendant, these claims may come as a surprise unless, of course, he has received a copy of the document.

Having learned about the beginning of debt collection, you can find the court order by its number or by the name of the defendant. This can be done via the Internet, by searching the FSSP materials, or in the magistrate’s court. Read more about this in our material.

Where to view a court order for debt collection

Let's look at how to find out the number of the court order and familiarize yourself with its contents if you did not receive it at the issuance stage. Note that the debtor can act not only independently, but also through a representative. For example, it could be a lawyer. A representative under a power of attorney will be able to submit requests and applications, receive copies of documents, and appeal against unlawful actions.

Our lawyers are ready to help if you are faced with a penalty under a court order and do not know its number and date of issue.

On the court website

The easiest way is to find a court decision or find out about the case number via the Internet. Such information is published on the website of each judicial authority. Typically, collection is carried out through the magistrate's court at the location (registration) of the defendant. Therefore, to obtain information about the case number, proceed as follows:

  • enter the name of the judicial authority in a search engine (if you know it);
  • if you cannot indicate the name of the court, it can be found through the GAS Justice information portal (for example, there you can select a judicial body on a graphic map based on your residential address);
  • on the court website, go to the “Court Proceedings” tab, select “Search information on cases”;
  • in the search form, fill in the data that you have (for example, in many cases you can find a court order by the name of the debtor, even if you do not know the case number);
  • in the search results, select the card you need (you can open each card to compare your data);
  • on the card you can see the case number, the date of receipt of the material and the issuance of the judicial act, the name and surname of the judge, and other information.

What does an objection to a court order look like?

Finding a court order will be difficult if you are only looking for information by last name. Using the most common surnames, a search can even return dozens of cases, especially if we are talking about a magistrate’s court in a big city.

On the website of the judicial authority, you can log into your personal account to gain access to electronic copies of documents. Login is possible using a government services account or digital signature. Without logging into your personal account, you cannot receive a certified copy of the order, but general information will be available even in this case.

If you were able to find out the judge and the case number, you can apply for a copy of the document. To do this, submit a written application addressed to the judge. In the application, be sure to indicate the case number and the date of the judicial act.

In the materials of enforcement proceedings

You can view the court order in the proceedings with the bailiff if compulsory execution has already begun. To view the materials, you must submit an application. You can not only read the text of the court order, but also make a copy of it.

The fastest way to obtain copies of the case materials is to contact the FSSP in person. However, it is advisable to clarify the work schedule of the bailiff handling your case. In addition, during the pandemic, personal reception of citizens is often limited to a few hours a week.

It is not possible to request copies of documents by email. The bailiff is not obliged to respond to such requests. But through government services, you can send almost any request to the FSSP to receive information about the progress of the case. The report or response to the request will also indicate the grounds for the penalty, i.e. number of the judicial act (case).

On the FSSP website

You can check the court order using the enforcement proceedings number on the FSSP portal. There, a databank of all cases initiated by bailiffs is publicly available.

To find a case, in the search form you need to indicate the region and the name of the debtor. It is advisable to indicate your date of birth to get a more accurate search result.

Search form for a court order in the debtor database on the FSSP website

How to find a court order by case number online on the FSSP portal? The search results will provide the following information:

  • general information about the debtor;
  • number and date of initiation of proceedings;
  • number and date of issue of the writ of execution (in particular, the order number will be indicated there);
  • a brief description of the subject of collection (for example, the debt and its amount);
  • information about the bailiff handling the case (including a telephone number for contact).

Having received this data, you will be able to contact the judicial authority or the FSSP, familiarize yourself with the order or receive a copy of it.

Through government services

It is impossible to directly find out the court decision or obtain a copy of it through government services. But users of government services have the opportunity to:

  • send an appeal to the FSSP, including a request for a report on the progress of the proceedings;
  • find out about the availability of open collection cases;
  • file complaints about unlawful actions of FSSP employees.

Search for an order on State Services

There is no unified database of debtors' names in public services. To obtain a copy of the court order, you will still have to contact the FSSP or the court.

How to find a case on the magistrate's website

Searching on the magistrate's website follows the same principle. Although the interface is slightly different, you can easily find all the same features.

  1. In the search bar, find the website of the judge you need and follow the link.

  2. In the main menu, select Litigation

  3. Click on the category of the case you are interested in. For example, “Civil and administrative”.

  4. Enter information that you know, such as your last name. And press the button Search

  5. A table will appear identical to the one we looked at in the previous section.

Did you manage to resolve your issue?
What difficulties did you encounter? Write in the comments! This will help us understand how to supplement the material to make it even more useful. Liked?

Is someone required to notify the debtor that a court order has been issued?

Yes, I must. Since the debtor (defendant) is a full participant in the court case. Therefore, he will definitely be sent all the main documents related to the collection. Since writ proceedings do not provide for holding meetings, subpoenas and notices are not sent to the parties. But the judge will definitely send a copy of the order to the debtor, since the determination of the possible deadline for filing objections depends on the date of its receipt.

Material on the topic

Duration of execution of the court order How quickly the bailiff will carry out what he is required to do in the court order of the magistrate's court. How can you stop the actions of the bailiff and is it worth doing? Objection to cancel a court order What is an objection to a court order. How is this document written and why does the debtor need it? In what cases should a court order be canceled and what will follow?

What the claimant must do

When filing a statement of claim, the plaintiff must send a copy of this document to the defendant. If the documents do not contain evidence that the claim was sent to the defendant, the judge will refuse to initiate the case or simply suspend the case for an indefinite period.

In writ proceedings, everything is a little different. This is how the process goes when issuing a court order:

  • the claimant sends the application and other documents directly to the court;
  • the collector is not obliged to notify the debtor of the filing of the application in any way;
  • Since writ proceedings do not involve court hearings, the applicant and the defendant do not meet at all during the collection process.

It is the responsibility of the collector to indicate the mandatory identifiers of the defendant, his residential address or location. Firstly, this is necessary to send a copy of the order to the address where the document will find the debtor. In addition, the court order must indicate the exact data by which the bailiffs will identify the debtor.

What does the law oblige the judge to do?

The judge presiding over the case is required to send certain documents to both parties. When issuing an order, the responsibilities of the magistrate include:

  • sending a copy of the order to the debtor within 5 days after its issuance;
  • checking the date of receipt of a copy of the document or the reasons for non-receipt in order to make a decision on issuing an order to the recoverer;
  • issuing a ruling to cancel the order if the debtor submits objections in a timely manner.

Judicial proceedings involve maintaining case files, including those related to issued orders. Case cards are available on the websites of judicial authorities to everyone. It is impossible to read the personal data of the participants in the process on the court’s website, but you can get general information about debt collection. In particular, the case card will show the number of the order and the date of its issue, as well as information about the judge.

Also, at the request of the participants in the process, the judge is obliged to provide the case materials for review and for making copies. To submit such an application, you need to know the case number.

How are bailiffs informed about an order?

For the bailiff, the debtor is the most important participant in the proceedings.

Therefore, Law No. 229-FZ obliges the FSSP employee:

  • send the debtor a copy of the resolution to initiate the case (among other things, the contents of the resolution will indicate the number of the judicial act and the date of its issuance);
  • post information about each production in the Data Bank on the FSSP portal;
  • provide the debtor with case materials for review, provide information upon request by mail, through government services or at a personal meeting.

You need to find a court order by its number

This can be done through a search in the case file on the court’s website, in the Data Bank on the FSSP portal. You can familiarize yourself with the contents of the order in the materials of the court case or enforcement proceedings. A copy of the order can be obtained from the FSSP or from the magistrate's court.

A court order is a direct enforcement document. It is submitted to the FSSP by the claimant. Accordingly, the document will be kept on file until the end or termination of the proceedings.

Bank of court decisions

The bank of arbitration court decisions should be used if you need to find a court decision or make a selection on the topic of the dispute. The section is searched by:

  1. text of the document;
  2. type of dispute;
  3. the essence of the dispute;
  4. name, INN, GGR of one of the participants;
  5. to the court;
  6. date (time period) or case number.

This section is convenient for existing lawyers and attorneys who need to analyze specific court decisions in a case or make a selection of documents on a specific topic for a specific period.

For example, a lawyer is handling a case regarding the return of debt under an assignment agreement (debt assignment) from a liquidated company in the Smolensk region. This dispute relates to economic disputes in civil legal relations. He needs to make a selection of documents for the last 3 years.

We enter data in the fields “Document text”, “Type of dispute”, “Court” and “Search period”. The system produces only 4 documents that a lawyer can review.

When you click on a specific court decision, the system opens the document itself, where the requested words in the text of the document are highlighted in yellow.

What are the consequences of issuing an order?

The execution of orders in court is allowed only in relation to undisputed debts and obligations. The law includes loans and microloans, debts on notarized documents, collection of alimony, non-payments for housing and communal services, and some other obligations. In this case, the total amount of recovery in writ proceedings cannot exceed 500 thousand rubles.

If the nature of the obligations allows for the issuance of an order, then the creditor will choose to apply for it out of almost 100% of the possibilities.

Why? Yes, because in the absence of objections from the defendant, with this judicial act you can:

  • contact the FSSP to initiate proceedings, and also obtain the seizure of accounts and bank cards, and begin forced debiting of funds from the debtor’s cards;
  • submit a document to the debtor’s place of work to begin deductions from wages;
  • send the order directly to the bank where the defendant has accounts, deposits and cards.

In any case, the presence of an order threatens the defendant with penalties. At the same time, the debtor may not immediately learn about the issuance of a judicial act - due to the nature of the enforcement proceedings. Although the judge is required to send a copy of the document to the other party.

But a letter from the court can take a long time to arrive in the mail or even get lost. If the debtor changed his residential address and did not notify the registration authorities about this, then the letter will be returned back to the court.

If you find out about the collection in time, you can cancel the order in a simplified manner. The law gives 10 days to prepare and file objections to the order. If they arrive at the judicial authority within the time period established by the regulations, the order will be cancelled. This is a legal requirement.

Cancellation of the court order. Article 129 of the Code of Civil Procedure

If the debtor’s objections regarding the execution of the court order are received within the established period, the judge cancels the court order.

In the ruling on the cancellation of the court order, the judge explains to the claimant that the stated claim can be presented by him in the manner of claim proceedings. Copies of the court ruling to cancel the court order are sent to the parties no later than three days after the day it was issued.

Read completely


If the 10-day period is missed for valid reasons, it can be restored. To cancel an order, you need, at a minimum, to know the document number and the date it was issued, as well as (it would be nice) the amount of the penalty. Ideally, get a copy of the document in order to attach it to objections and complaints.

Search for a case file on the court website

A special category of cases is bankruptcy

In Russia, any company, individual entrepreneur, or even just a citizen can be declared bankrupt.

How does this happen? The creditor or the potential bankrupt himself applies to the arbitration court with a bankruptcy petition. And information about this is also published on With a red letter “B”.

Why is it important? Knowing that a bankruptcy claim for a company or individual has been filed with an arbitration court, you can decide for yourself whether it is worth concluding a deal with such a person. As part of the bankruptcy procedure, on average, creditors' claims are satisfied in the amount of only 3-5% of the total debt. In other words, if a potential bankrupt owes you 100 rubles, then after he is declared bankrupt, you can expect to receive 3-5 rubles. And then after a few years.

What can be learned from the contents of the court order?

After reviewing the contents of the order, you can decide to file an objection or cassation appeal. If you agree with the demands of the creditor, then you can completely repay the debt without waiting for the cards to be written off, as well as the unpleasant procedures of inventory, seizure and sale of property.

In the contents of the order you can find out:

  • name of the judicial authority;
  • number of the case (order), date of the judicial act;
  • information about the creditor and debtor;
  • essence of the requirement;
  • the amount of the principal debt, the amount of penalties already accrued;
  • details for paying the debt (for example, bank account number).

The order is always certified by the seal and signature of the judge. In this case, the original document is stored in the court case materials, and the claimant receives a certified copy.

What data is protected from public publication?

According to Art. 15 of Law No. 262, arbitration sudakts are published in full:

  • those that are subject to mandatory publication;
  • issued by the Constitutional Court of the Russian Federation and the Constitutional Court of the constituent entities;
  • issued by the RF Armed Forces.

From acts of general jurisdiction, any website of legal claims excludes personal data through which a person’s identity is identified. They recognize:

  • Full name, date and place of birth, address, telephone, passport details, INN, OGRN, SNILS;
  • location of the land plot and building, vehicle;
  • information about property and funds, if relevant.

Acts on cases concerning:

  • state security;
  • adoption and other matters concerning the interests of minors;
  • rape;
  • limitation of legal capacity;
  • forced hospitalization in a mental hospital;
  • making corrections to registry office documents;
  • establishing legally significant facts;
  • court orders.

About the author of the article

Diana Bagirova A lawyer by education. Lives and works in St. Petersburg

How to find out the result of a meeting by last name

In 2022, citizens of our country will have the opportunity to find relevant information:

  • in the media;
  • on the Internet on official court portals;
  • in buildings and premises occupied by relevant authorities;
  • in other ways specified in Art. 6 Federal Law No. 262 of December 22, 2008 (hereinafter referred to as the Law).

Download for viewing and printing:
Federal Law of December 22, 2008 No. 262-FZ “On ensuring access to information on the activities of courts in the Russian Federation”

( 2 ratings, average 5 out of 5 )
Did you like the article? Share with friends:
For any suggestions regarding the site: [email protected]
Для любых предложений по сайту: [email protected]